Government View of Ezra Taft Benson:
-much of this is taken from the discourses seen on post on sources for political opinion post. Benson is a former President of the LDS Church and worked for US Dept. of Agriculture several decades ago.
- -socialism and communism are worst evil of our time and conspiring to get us they are super sneaky.
- -when one works harder and thus has more than his neighbor, he can give of his extra and teach his neighbor is he wills, but he is not forced to, since PROPERTY is a divine right of humans. If a 3rd person walks up and sees one man with more than the other and takes from the one with more and gives it to the one with less and merely says, “Here be happy!” To the man with less, it’s bad.
- -the government is for doing what the people have power to do but not time to do it in so they hire someone to defend God given rights like life and property.
- -It’s not bad for church people to say how they feel about politics. Much of the bible is prophets condemning political leaders.
- -The Book of Mormon has no conspiracy theories, they are conspiracy facts.
- -Seperation of Church and state is necessary, and it means that there be no church that is in charge of the government.
- -We need to learn more about government by reading out of the best books so we can better be involved.
- -It’s our civic and religious duty to be involved in local government and national government.
- -Never have the bigger level of government come in and do what the smaller level of government can do.
- -Government subsities for anything are bad. Be it for school or anything. (*I need to research his words on this more closely, it may not be so dynamic).