Scriptures on Exaltation:
– Paul mentioned that he knew a man who was “caught up to the third heaven” (2 Corinthians 12:2). Paul named two of the kingdoms in heaven: the celestial and the terrestrial (see 1 Corinthians 15:40–42).
-Exaltation is the greatest gift that Heavenly Father can give His children (see D&C 14:7)
–live eternally in the presence of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ (see D&C 76:62).
- –become gods (see D&C 132:20–23).
- -have everything that our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have—all power, glory, dominion, and knowledge (see D&C 132:19–20)
-3 Ne. 28:10 (see context of chapter also). we can have fullness of joy like Jesus has as we share the gospel and by so doing one with God
–To be exalted, we first must place our faith in Jesus Christ and then endure in that faith to the end of our lives. Our faith in Him must be such that we repent of our sins and obey His commandments. (the following list is from the Gospel Principals Manual:)
- He commands us all to receive certain ordinances:
- 1. We must be baptized.
- 2. We must receive the laying on of hands to be confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ and to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
- 3. Brethren must receive the Melchizedek Priesthood and magnify their callings in the priesthood.
- 4. We must receive the temple endowment.
- 5. We must be married for eternity, either in this life or in the next.
- In addition to receiving the required ordinances, the Lord commands all of us to:
- 1. Love God and our neighbors.
- 2. Keep the commandments.
- 3. Repent of our wrongdoings.
- 4. Search out our kindred dead and receive the saving ordinances of the gospel for them.
- 5. Attend our Church meetings as regularly as possible so we can renew our baptismal covenants by partaking of the sacrament.
- 6. Love our family members and strengthen them in the ways of the Lord.
- 7. Have family and individual prayers every day.
- 8. Teach the gospel to others by word and example.
- 9. Study the scriptures.
- 10. Listen to and obey the inspired words of the prophets of the Lord.
–each of us needs to receive the Holy Ghost and learn to follow His direction in our individual lives.
- –“Well done … ; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord” (Matthew 25:23).
– D&C 132:3–4, 16–26, 37 (pertaining to exaltation)
- – D&C 131:1–4 (eternal marriage is key to exaltation)
- – D&C 76:59–70 (blessings of celestial glory explained)
- – D&C 84:20–21 (the power of godliness is manifest through priesthood ordinances)