Scriptures on Gathering of Israel:
-“I will gather the remnant of my flock out of all countries whither I have driven them” (Jeremiah 23:3).
-spiritual precedes physical
-Deut 30:1-5 gather
–The physical gathering of Israel will not be complete until the Second Coming of the Savior and on into the Millennium (see Joseph Smith—Matthew 1:37).
-Gather to lands of our fathers (Jeremiah 16:14–15).
-The physical gathering of Israel means that the covenant people will be “gathered home to the lands of their inheritance, and shall be established in all their lands of promise” (2 Nephi 9:2).
-The tribes of Ephraim and Manasseh will be gathered in the Americas. The tribe of Judah will return to the city of Jerusalem and the area surrounding it. The ten lost tribes will receive from the tribe of Ephraim their promised blessings (see D&C 133:26–34). (they go to Zion also (Zion is America)
-Zion is America, Jerusalem is Palestine
– James 1:1 (twelve tribes scattered abroad)
– Genesis 17:1–8 (God’s covenant with Abraham)
- –Romans 9:4–8; Galatians 3:29 (those who follow Jesus Christ and His word are the children of the covenant)
- –Jeremiah 3:14–18 (one from a city, two from a family)
- –Ezekiel 20:33–36 (Israel will be gathered from all countries)
- – 3 Nephi 20:29–46 (Jews will be gathered to Jerusalem)
- –1 Nephi 15:13–18; 3 Nephi 21:26–29 (gathering starts with Restoration of the gospel)
- –D&C 38:31–33 (the Lord’s covenant people will be saved)
- –Isaiah 11:11–13 (the Lord will recover His people)
- –Revelation 18:4–8 (a voice will proclaim the gathering)
- –D&C 133:6–15 (Gentiles to Zion, Jews to Jerusalem)