Scriptures on The Millennium:
-During the Millennium, mortals will still live on earth, and they will continue to have children (whom grow up without sin) as we do now (see D&C 45:58)
-During the Millennium, Jesus will “reign personally upon the earth” (Articles of Faith 1:10)
-Eventually there will be no need to teach others the first principles of the gospel because “they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord” (Jeremiah 31:34)
-during the Millennium, “the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory” (Articles of Faith 1:10)
-During the Millennium, Satan will be bound. This means he will not have power to tempt those who are living at that time (see D&C 101:28)
– “Because of the righteousness of [the Lord’s] people, Satan has no power; wherefore, he cannot be loosed for the space of many years; for he hath no power over the hearts of the people, for they dwell in righteousness, and the Holy One of Israel reigneth” (1 Nephi 22:26).
-“They shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more” (Isaiah 2:4; see also Isaiah 11:6–7; D&C 101:26 (enmity of all flesh man and beast ceases).
-During the Millennium, there will be no death as we know it. When people have lived to an old age, they will not die and be buried. Instead, they will be changed from their mortal condition to an immortal condition in “the twinkling of an eye.” (See D&C 63:51; 101:29–31.)
-Some truths have not been revealed to us. All things will be revealed during the Millennium. The Lord said He will “reveal all things—things which have passed, and hidden things which no man knew, things of the earth, by which it was made, and the purpose and the end thereof—things most precious, things that are above, and things that are beneath, things that are in the earth, and upon the earth, and in heaven” (D&C 101:32–34).
-People will continue to plant and harvest crops and build houses (see Isaiah 65:21)
- – Daniel 7:27 (Saints to be given the kingdom)
- – D&C 88:87–110 (conditions during the Millennium)
- – Revelation 20:1–3; 1 Nephi 22:26 (Satan to be bound)
- – D&C 101:22–31 (enmity to cease; no death; Satan to have no power to tempt)
- –Isaiah 11:1–9 (wolf and lamb to dwell together)